Garden Strawberry | Strawberry
The garden strawberry was first bred in the 1750s by crossing a strawberry variety from eastern North America (Fragaria virginiana) with a variety from Chile (Fragaria chiloensis). The result was Fragaria × ananassa, what we think of as the strawberry, which is now grown worldwide. The seeds are high in polyphenol compounds, and are one of the best sources of a flavonoid called tiliroside. Tiliroside has been reported to have several health-promoting and energy-enhancing effects.*
Strawberry Seed Extract was selected because it contains a unique flavonoid called tiliroside.
Created by Oryza, a worldwide leader in standardized seed extracts.
Seed extract, with double standardization for tiliroside (≥ 0.5%) and polyphenols (≥ 2.0%).
Studies of this extract suggest it might support healthy skin, weight, metabolism, and other functions needed for healthy aging.*
Many flavonoids follow hormetic dosing principles (see Neurohacker Dosing Principles). Because one of the main active compounds in strawberry seed extract is the flavonoid tiliroside, we expect the extract to have a hormetic range (i.e., a dosing range above which results could be poorer). We have selected to dose this at the lower end of the range recommended by the product supplier, because of this hormetic principle, and also because we anticipate it having additive or synergistic effects with other ingredients.*
Mitochondrial Structure and Function
Healthy aging and longevity
1. Giampieri F, Alvarez-Suarez JM, Cordero MD, et al. Food Chem. 2017;234:464-471. doi:10.1016/j.foodchem.2017.05.017
2. Goto T, Teraminami A, Lee J-Y, et al. J Nutr Biochem. 2012;23(7):768-776. doi:10.1016/j.jnutbio.2011.04.001
3. Qiao W, Zhao C, Qin N, Zhai HY, Duan HQ. J Ethnopharmacol. 2011;135(2):515-521. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2011.03.062
4. Li X, Tian Y, Wang T, et al. Molecules. 2017;22(7). doi:10.3390/molecules22071165
5. Schinella GR, Tournier HA, Máñez S, de Buschiazzo PM, Del Carmen Recio M, Ríos JL. Fitoterapia. 2007;78(1):1-6. doi:10.1016/j.fitote.2006.09.018
6. Sala A, Recio MC, Schinella GR, et al. Eur J Pharmacol. 2003;461(1):53-61. doi:10.1016/S0014-2999(02)02953-9
7. Nagatomo A, Nishida N, Matsuura Y, Shibata N. Prev Nutr Food Sci. 2013;18(2):85-91. doi:10.3746/pnf.2013.18.2.085
8. Jin X, Song S, Wang J, Zhang Q, Qiu F, Zhao F. Exp Ther Med. 2016;12(1):499-505. doi:10.3892/etm.2016.3305
9. Velagapudi R, Aderogba M, Olajide OA. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1840(12):3311-3319. doi:10.1016/j.bbagen.2014.08.008
10. Velagapudi R, El-Bakoush A, Olajide OA. Mol Neurobiol. 2018;55(10):8103-8123. doi:10.1007/s12035-018-0975-2