Despite the ambiguous explanations usually given to describe intuition, this discussion reveals that it is a skill just like any other that can be learned and established over time.
Listen as Jordan Greenhall talks about “Combining Intuition with Rational Mind – a more effective solution in Business” in this episode of the Intuitive Leadership Mastery Podcast with host Michael Light.
”The feelings of a lot of other people can then actually help point you in areas where your intuition may be screaming at you but you then get the signal back.” – Jordan Greenhall
Jordan is now in his seventeenth year of building disruptive technology companies. Classic “Ready Player One” style 80’s nerd. Comics, science fiction, computers, way too much TV and role-playing games. Oh, so many role playing games. Naturally, these interests led to a deep dive into contemporary philosophy (particularly the works of Gilles Deleuze and Manuel DeLanda), artificial intelligence and complex systems science in college in the early 90’s and then, as the Internet was exploding into the world, a few years at Harvard Law School of all places where he spent time with Larry Lessig, Jonathan Zittrain and Cornel West examining the coevolution of human civilization and technology.
Here are some of the topics discussed in the podcast:
- Jordan’s creative and writing process that lets him write in-depth new ideas such as in his viral article “Situational Assessment 2017”. And the role of intuition in this.
- Why getting inside your opponent’s OODA loop is key in politics or business.
Observe <– Intuition helps observe
Orient <– make meaning – intuition
Decide <– Intuition helps you make faster decisions
Act <– Inspired Actions, Play, and Feedback help faster actions
- The highest bandwidth OODA loop wins.
- What is a meme is and why it matter to your business + the dark arts of copywriting
- The medium is the message – the change in tech is a phase quality shift – changes the game and unpredictable
- Why fighting the “last war” is a mistake in politics or business
- World Culture War II: The opportunities in the dramatic current changes in sense and nature of identity, meaning, and purpose
- Actions to take now
- Jordan’s Situational Assessment 2017: Trump Edition
- Jordan’s Situational Analysis 2017
- Vinita Roy – redefined reality as how much is shared; how realized it is
- A meme is “an idea, behavior, or style that spreads from person to person within a culture”. A meme acts as a unit for carrying cultural ideas, symbols, or practices that can be transmitted from one mind to another through writing, speech, gestures, rituals, or other imitable phenomena with a mimicked theme. Memes are the cultural analogs to genes in that they self-replicate, mutate, and respond to selective pressures.
- The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins
- The Meme Machine Susan Blackwell
- Trust Me, I’m Lying: Confessions of a Media Manipulator by Ryan Holiday
- The Zeitgeist
- The Medium and the Message: Understanding the Information World by Marshall McLuhan
- The OODA loop by John Boyd
- The 7 Day Startup: You Don’t Learn Until You Launch by Dan Norris
- War in Age of Intelligent Machine by Manuel De Landa
No Comments YetSign in or Register to Comment