Senolytic Study 1
We are seeking 10 participants to partake in a study of a new healthy aging product we are developing. The product is formulated to help the body eliminate the stressed cells that accumulate with aging (i.e., senescent or zombie cells).
The product is designed to be taken intermittently. Participants will take 6 capsules a day for 2 days, followed by 12 days with no supplementation. The study will last a bit more than 1 month, with 3 cycles of taking the product for 2 days. The product will be packaged in capsules.
All participants will start at the same time, with the first two doses taken on November 20th and 21st. The next two doses will be taken on Dec. 4th and 4th, and the final two doses on Dec. 18th and 19th, with the last survey on Dec. 20th.
We will ask you to fill out surveys both days you take Qualia Senolytic, and 1 day after each dosing cycle.
- Provided voluntary, written, informed consent to participate in the study
- Agree to provide a valid cell phone number and are willing to receive communications through text
- Participants will be eligible to be included who answer yes to the questions in the baseline screening waiver.
- Male and female participants 45-65 years of age.
- Willingness to complete questionnaires, records, and diaries associated with the study.
- Willing to not begin taking any new supplements while testing this product and continue taking any supplements they are currently using regularly.
- A score on the baseline assessment score on the Western Ontario and McMaster Universities Index of Osteoarthritis (WOMAC) of > 43 will be used. And Self-rated health of Poor, Fair, or Good.
- Women who are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to become pregnant during the trial
- Known food intolerances/allergy to any ingredients in the product
- Having any of the following conditions: Psychiatric conditions, neurologic disorders, high blood pressure, heart conditions, endocrine disorders, cancer
- Taking MAO inhibitors, SSRIs, or any other psychiatric or neurological medicines
- On immunosuppressive therapy
- Vegan, since we can’t guarantee that all ingredients will be vegan for this project.