In our latest episode, Jamie Wheal and Dr. Wednesday Martin are intent on taking us out of our comfort zones, with the goal of changing the way we think about women and sex forever. Dr. Martin presents the case that “junk science” and regressive cultural narratives have shaped our beliefs about female infidelity for centuries and that female sexual autonomy may be the most meaningful metric of gender equality. We spotlight:
- Female non-monogamy across cultures and species
- The case for a reclassification of the scientific term “alpha male”
- Cultural shifts from plow agriculture to polyamory
- Defining and exploring the Orgasm gap
- The link between female sexuality and gender inequality
The only consistent thing about human sexual strategies is the inconsistency.- Wednesday Martin, Ph.D.
The conversation is riveting and includes a nod to the work of our previous guest, Sexologist and anthropologist, Helen Fisher, Ph.D. Buckle up, you’re in for a spicy conversation.
Book: Primates of Park Avenue
Book: Boyfriends of Dorothy
Book: The Button
No Comments YetSign in or Register to Comment