Boost your Stress Tolerance and Self-Compassion
Amy Shenk Morrison has a unique and effective offering in the wellness world, where she integrates breath work, mindfulness, physical fitness, and mental health. She is a fitness trainer and Licensed Professional Counselor who focuses on relationships and self-compassion above arbitrary goal setting. She takes a stand for self love being more important than doing “x” amount of pushups. In this episode we discuss:
- How setbacks can set you up for success
- The power of words: “Treat day” instead of “cheat day”
- Why motivation won’t get you where you want to go
- Making movement fun and interesting
- Why awareness and self-compassion matter in fitness training
- Training your stress tolerance
- Using breath work and hot and cold therapy
- Healing through relationships: How group sessions impact results
Getting physically fit is more than just having six pack abs. By integrating our mental wellness, we can reach and maintain our fitness goals with greater ease. Tune in to learn more.
Content Disclaimer: All content provided on this website is for informational purposes only. This information is never intended to be a substitute for a doctor-patient relationship nor does it constitute medical advice of any kind.
Image Credit: Background image is from Dr. Oakley Almberg
If we find a product or service we love, we want to share that with our community. In some of these cases we will partner with the provider in an affiliate relationship which may result in a payment or benefit to Neurohacker Collective. We won't ever enter into such an arrangement or recommend any product or service we haven't researched or stand behind.
All content provided on this website is for informational purposes only. This information is never intended to be a substitute for a doctor-patient relationship nor does it constitute medical advice of any kind.